Login:

Forgotten password?
Not registered? Click here.
Forum Quicklinks:  FAQFAQ SearchSearch MembersMembers GroupsGroups

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Important - Round 2!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Well, as the final group positions are slowly being decided, the doors* are open for your Round2 predictions.

You can start entering your predictions on-line now, BUT as we don't know who will be playing who, you might want to wait a while.

However, the deadline for Round2 predictions is under 24 hours after the final game in Round1... This means that you won't have much time to get your diccers in once the full results are known.

You may enter partial results for known teams at any point, and amend your predictions as many times as you like up until the deadline, so if you are worried about that frantic 24 hour scramble, you will be able to fill in some provisional scores and amend them if you have time.

5 things to bear in mind:
  1. In this round you are predicting full time AND half-time score for each game. You are also nominating a scorer.
  2. Full-time score is 'at end of open play', i.e. after 90 minutes + injury time BUT NOT INCLUDING EXTRA TIME. That way, there is still a chance of a draw.
  3. The list of teams when selecting your scorer includes all teams in the cup, including those who were knocked out in the group stage. It is YOUR responsibility to pick a team that gets through to the round of 16!
  4. There may be a few small gremlins in the system. You are advised to check the submissions that you are e-mailed for any errors, and to let me know ASAP if something is amiss.
  5. EVERYONE is predicting results for all rounds in the world cup. If you are knocked out of the cup, you still need to submit your predictions for the league.
Love

Alan
xx

*early doors

Last edited by Alan on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
     Post subject: Re: Important - Round 2!
    PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:29 pm 

Quote:
    You can start entering your predictions on-line now, BUT as we don't know who will be playing who, you might want to wait a while.

Do we get extra points if we kibble blind i.e. without knowing who's playing?

Report this post
     Post subject: Re: Important - Round 2!
    PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:39 pm 

That's how I've been playing the game so far.

Can I have some extra points, please?

Report this post
    Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]